Avocado in a margarita? You bet! It lends creaminess and beautiful color to this refreshing blended cocktail that’s perfect for serving on taco night.
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup tequila
- ½ cup lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- ¼ cup triple sec
- 3 tablespoons simple syrup (see Tip)
- 1 avocado, pitted and flesh scooped
- 3 cups ice cubes
- Step 1Combine salt and chili powder on a small plate.
- Step 2Place tequila, lime juice, triple sec, simple syrup, avocado and ice cubes in a blender; puree until smooth.
- Step 3Rub the rims of 6 glasses with a lime wedge and dip in the salt mixture. Fill the glasses with the tequila mixture.
Tip: To make your own simple syrup: Bring 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring frequently to dissolve the sugar. Let cool for 30 minutes and then refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Serving Size: 3/4 Cup
total fat; 0.7 g
saturated fat; 11 mg
sodium. 194 mg
potassium; 16.3 g
carbohydrates; 2.4 g
fiber; 11 g sugar; 0.8 g
protein; 126 IU
vitamin a iu; 9 mg
vitamin c; 29 mcg
folate; 8 mg
calcium; 12 mg
magnesium; 11 g
1 1/2 Alcohol Equivalent, 1 Fat, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate